Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jerusalem leaves me inadequate....with fragments


October 8, 2009
I’ve just spent the day in Jerusalem…  on pilgrimage I suppose for Succot. Jerusalem truly is a feast for the senses the imagination and the spectacular. The sheer magnitude of people, the faces the languages the sects and the awed. We wandered through M… the shuk of all shuks for authenticity and raw essence. I’m finding now my sensation to be profoundly rich and my words to be plainly inadequate. Jerusalem can do that to you.  To keep treasured… the ride to the train station with the furry hats and old me boys, the kind woman who taught me all the way home about Polish men and living without fear and fed me homemade snacked ….the Rocky figure of the sweaty and bouncing boxer crossing himself across the Ayalon, and the man who responded warmly to my stretching at the eternal traffic light at the intersection of Jabotinsky and Arlozorov, rak Ivrit he taught me all the way across and welcomed me to Israel. All the way home. All the way. From one handed to the next.
Yesterday October 7 all over the streets of Tel Aviv on my bicycle…. three Russian giggling woman…..I’ll have to come back to all of this…..

No comments:

Post a Comment