Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Is the world here just for each of us?

Shlush, שלוש, the voracious flow of rain water down a one way street during a storm that is the metaphor for being in the flow of life.  It's the flow I knew was here in Israel for me, but with the remnants of struggle habits from all my life, it's been hard to step into the flow here this is time. Flow is the millions of connective moments between people here that creates a current that is vital and quick.  It's what makes things happen here....  you have to be ready to step in, because the current will take you.

Yesterday I went for acupuncture  in the alternative medicine part of  the local Kupat Cholim health service. I've been sick for the entire 2 months that I have been in Tel Aviv.  As I settle here the unwinding and untangling going on in my body is wearing me out.   The years of life sloughing off are uncovering layers of dusty missed dreams and sad times, and as they escape their years of confinement in my body they are releasing a good bit of toxic memory.  I could feel the heaviness of my fatigue lingering above me as I merged into the table with the needles doing their best to jump start my weary life force. My fatigue was lifted above me a bit like a blob of thickness on me, and with the needles I felt it begin to move. I could feel the movement of energy again in the stuck places in me, those hanging on for survival as I no longer need them. When I left the clinic I had a lift in energy I haven't felt for 2 months.... and I walked into a downpour of rain so voracious it felt as if the needles unblocked the blocks not just within me.  I walked out of Florentin under my pink flowery umbrella and crossed Yafo Street onto Shlush and into Neve Tzedek.

Shlush in the wonderful little street that guides you out of the whirl of people and merchandise of Yafo Street into the secret of my neighborhood. It is also down hill. The torrent of rain was gushing with so much gusto it made a river out of Shush all the way to the bottom. I walked in the middle of the street with my feet underwater and wondered if the flow of water was just for me, to reassure me that that vitality and cleansing was again flowing through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment